Sunday, November 21, 2010

Macaron Obsession!

I LOVE MACARONS.

I simply adore those little bites of heaven. More so, when they come in a variety of colors that tease your imaginations into "tasting" the flavors that match them. That's why it was so easy to decide on what theme I wanted my baby's baptism reception to be: a tea party! Oh I can see it now! Flowers, lace, tea leaves, truffles, scones, and yes (oh yes) MACARONS. A tower of these decadent edible-bliss!

It saddens me though that my favorite Laduree Macarons are not available in the Philippines. I searched far and wide for macarons that would come close to these famous recently gossiped about lovies and after torturing my taste buds with one "macaron" after another (which were either flat, hard, fake tasting, trying hard, or just downright awful) I have finally found the one: Empire Macarons!

They're classical, they're interesting (Lindt chocolate-filled macarons!), they're edgy (purple yam macaron anyone?), they're to die for. 


To. 
Die. 
For.

Can you just imagine my excitement when I found out that they make macaron towers?? I told myself then (I was still pregnant when I discovered these) that I will find an occasion that will revolve around macarons, macarons, and more macarons! This is it! My baby's baptism, my macaron party! 

So while visiting Empire Macaron's website, I chanced upon an online promo hosted by www.rainydaysandmomdays.com that will award its winner with a dozen of Empire Macaron's scrumptious goodies! I died (then got revived again haha) and read the promo mechanics. Guess what? They're looking for a go-to recipe! Here's an excerpt from the promo:

Do you have a go-to recipe that you pull out whenever you’re short on time (or energy) that always comes out yummy? A recipe that makes people think that you spent hours slaving away over the stove when in fact it only took a few minutes? A shortcut recipe that produces an amazing meal? Or a recipe that’s just so darn easy to make you can do it with your eyes closed? 
If you know me, you'll know that I simply love cooking! The hubby and I are from-scratch-menu lovers and we try to avoid (more like run away from ) canned goods and microwave dinners. When motherhood came knocking on this semi-reluctant first time mom's door, I wracked my brains to push my cooking creativity further than ever before. I had to "cook" minus the effort of actually "cooking". So, to cut the story short, this promo felt second nature to me so I decided to share one of my recipes as an entry for this online contest!

The other entries look yummy but I hope mine comes out the yummiest! I would LOVE to win a dozen macarons! I already see myself eating one (or two.... dozen?), specifically pistachio mmmmmm...

Do you have a go-to recipe that's worth a dozen of delectable macarons (and obviously better than mine)? I suggest that you also join the contest and, if you win, share the macarons with me!

I promise not to get more than 2!

2 comments:

  1. I hope these macarons are better than Bizu. I ate macarons yesterday with MBA friends and Bizu's is just, gaaak, too sweet! Excited to taste this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thank you for including Empire in your blog post. I'd like to invite you to come to Macaron Day Manila 2011 so you can try my macarons for free! It's on March 20, 2011, Sunday. If you'd like to know more, please visit the site http://macarondaymanila.blogspot.com. Hope to see you!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think about my MOMbling?